Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Love at First Sight.


 2final
 

3final


1final

4final
Dress: Forever 21, Shoes: Dolce Vita, Watch: Michael Kors, Necklace: Doggeared
Photo’s were taken by: McKenli Kate Creative
 
A couple of months ago I was on a mission to locate this top in Forever 21 that I had seen on a fellow blogger’s post earlier in the week.  And as usual it is times like this when I have something particular in mind that I come across something else that I simply can’t live without! THIS dress came into my peripheral vision and it really, truly was love at first sight (yes I know, go roll your eyes….I do it all the time !:).  In any case, I took this straight to the fitting room without even another thought about the shirt I had been originally looking for and it fit and looked even better on then it did on the hanger!  Automatically my silly little mind started ticking off what I was going to wear it to and what shoes to pair it with- making it impossible for me to leave that night without it.  Fast forward a few days, Mother’s Day to be exact, I decided that the dress just couldn’t wait ‘til my birthday dinner with my friends so I did what I call my “test drive” and wore it to church.  When I came down the stairs to leave, 3 little ladies all gushed about my new dress with genuine admiration in their eyes and that right there TOTALLY justified my spontaneous purchase (though I did still find and buy that shirt I had gone there to get too…).  A few hours later in the hall at church, my sassy little friend Presley (age 6) stopped dead in her tracks when she walked past me and said “I have a question for you!  Why are you always just so cute!?” Hahaha- still makes me laugh every time!! I have worn this dress a handful of time since and have had so many compliments.  Moral of the story: Don’t Mess With True Love!
xxx
Sharon

Here are a few shoe options I paired this dress with:

steve.1                          steve.2

2 comments: